General Profile of the Role
The Director of Contemporary Worship will be a musically-gifted, spiritually-mature, biblically-grounded Christian leader responsible for contemporary worship ministries at Advent under the direction of our Executive Director. The ideal candidate has experience leading creative contemporary worship at a similar sized church and experience shepherding worship teams.
- Work with the pastoral team to plan the Contemporary Worship Services.
- Collaborate regularly with the Director of Traditional Music Ministry and team to develop and implement creative worship.
- Lead the planning, creation and execution of contemporary musical portion of worship services.
- Lead all contemporary music ministries in the church and implement contemporary worship best practices.
- Develop a process to regularly identify and deploy new volunteers in the church’s worship ministry.
- Shepherd, train, manage, and care for the volunteer worship teams. Develop worship leaders.
- Develop an annual worship ministry budget and be able to work within that budget.
- Look for ways to inspire non-musical worship experiences for the church body.
- Work together with the church’s worship tech ministry.
- Attend all church staff meetings and retreats.
- Work with student ministry leaders to identify and develop musicians, vocalists and worship leaders for age-graded worship experiences within the church.
- Serve as contemporary worship resource for multi-campus location(s).
- Maintain high standards of excellence with the spiritual and musical development of all team members.
- Oversee the maintenance of all musical instruments owned by the church.
- Loves creating authentic worship experiences with an engaging atmosphere. It is a passion and fuels your fire!
- 5 years experience leading worship in a similar church setting.
- Significant skill as a vocalist, instrumentalist and in the technology components of worship ministries.
- Broad knowledge of contemporary Christian worship music.
- Proficient in reading music.
- Excellence in relational, communication and administrative skills.
- Should have experience building, leading and managing volunteer teams.
- Bachelor’s degree. Some formal training in music (and specifically church music) is preferred.
- A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9).
- A calling to ministry which models servant leadership.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
About our Church
Established in 1987, Advent United Methodist Church is one of the largest United Methodist churches in South Carolina. Advent is a dynamic and growing congregation, situated in the Five Forks community in Greenville SC, which has been recognized as one of the top areas within the United States for growth and quality of life.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to our Executive Director at [email protected]