The Backpack Blessings program currently provides 188 children with child-friendly, easy-to-prepare food to take home over the weekend.
To serve with Backpack Blessings:
- Donate food
- Give monetary donations
- Share the mission with groups like Boy/Girl Scout troops, schools, National Honor Society, Beta clubs, Sunday school classes and businesses, and ask for food donations
Items used for Backpack Blessings
- Juice Boxes/Pouches (100% juice or lower sugar preferred) no fruit punch, sports drinks, etc.
- Instant Oatmeal packets
- Cereal (single serving size only)
- Microwavable Pasta or Macaroni and Cheese (single serving size only)
- Franks and Beans (single serve pop-top cans only)
- Applesauce Cups
- Fruit cups or pop-top cans
- Microwave popcorn
- Peanut-Butter/Cheese Crackers
- Granola Bars
- Pudding Cups
- Raisins (single serving size only)
- Pretzels/Goldfish (single serving size only) no potato chips, nacho chips, etc.
Food donations may be left in the bins located in the Dining Room of the Christian Life Center.
Please contact us with any questions about groups, business collections, donations, or individual support.