Advent Care Ministry offers several different support groups available to all in the Advent family. We know that God gives us challenges and sometimes the best way to overcome them is with the strength and support of a caring group.
Providing support during times of need
Christ caring for people through people
Stephen Ministry is the one-to-one lay caring ministry. Stephen Ministry congregations equip and empower lay caregivers – called Stephen Ministers – to provide high-quality, confidential, Christ-centered care to people who are hurting.
Stephen Ministers are laypeople who have trained 50 hours to provide one-to-one care to people experiencing a difficult time in life. The identity of those receiving care and what takes place in each caring relationship remains private.
A Stephen Minister is there to provide the emotional and spiritual care you need when you are facing a crisis or difficulty with things like:
- Loss of a loved one
- Divorce or separation
- Loneliness or discouragement spiritual crisis
- Unemployment or a job crisis
- Separation due to military deployment
- Terminal illness
- Chronic illness
- Birth, adoption, or miscarriage
- Recovery after an accident or disaster
The group is designed to provide caregivers with emotional, educational, and social support on a monthly basis. All caregivers, regardless of the diagnosis or level of disability of your loved one are welcome.
Advent Care Team
The Advent Care Team (ACT) is designed to provide support in a variety of ways to people in the congregation who are sick, grieving, or have encountered other circumstances that require a little extra love and care. ACT is a relatively large team, headed by Pastor Laura-Allen, that has a lot of smaller teams within it. Those teams include:
- Meal Team: Provide meals to people after surgery, death, birth, or as needed
- Bread Team: Delivers dessert breads or cookies
- Prayer Shawl Team: Knits prayer shawls and baby blankets
- Prayer Team: Prays for the church, our members, and other prayer requests submitted to the ACT email.
- Card Team: Sends cards or handwritten notes