General Profile of the Role
The Executive Director (ED) will direct the day-to-day operations of the church within the context of our mission and vision, freeing the pastoral staff to focus on ministry. The ED will also develop and maintain an open and trusting relationship with the Senior Pastor creating “one like mind and voice” in leading the church.
Primary responsibility for leading and developing staff, day-to-day operations of the church, as well as serving as a partner to the Senior Pastor in development and implementation of the church’s long-term strategic plan.
Position Structure and Compensation
Full Time and commensurate with experience and abilities, year-round
Guidance for this position will be offered by the Senior Pastor
– Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent degree.
– Minimum of 5 years experience in Senior Executive or equivalent position.
– Person of genuine and deepening Christian character, willing to grow as a loyal participant and leader of the church’s programs and vision.
– Some experience working in a church/nonprofit setting.
– Be a certified member of United Methodist Association of Church Business Administrations or have extensive knowledge of Church Business Administration is a plus.
About our Church
Established in 1987, Advent United Methodist Church is the 10th largest UM congregation in South Carolina. Advent is a dynamic and growing congregation, situated in the Five Forks community in Greenville SC, which has been recognized as one of the top areas within the United States for growth and quality of life.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]