At Advent, our mission is fishin’, to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. The primary responsibility of the Associate Director of Student Ministries (ADSM) is to advance Advent UMC’s mission by engaging with students, parents and volunteers. Additionally, the ADSM will develop relationships and ministry systems which enable and foster this mission. This role represents a ministry partnership whereby the Associate Director and Director will collaborate in all ministry strategies and efforts throughout the ministry as they work together to implement these plans.
General Profile of the Role
The ADSM will join our team and become a contributing member of the ministry team that fishes for the next generation. This person is a committed Christian leader with a passion and calling for ministering to young people. This role will partner with the Director of Student Ministries to equip youth for ministry as the two work together to create synergies for carrying out detailed ministry plans. The ADSM will also exemplify a growing Christian faith and a character and lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements of a leader (1 Tim 3:1-13, 2 Tim 2, Titus 1:5-9).
Position Structure and Compensation
Full time work week and salary commensurate with experience and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent ministry experience.
- Lead the church’s efforts to minister with and to youth in cooperation with the Director of Student Ministries.
- Assist in recruiting, developing, and deploying new volunteers for the church’s student ministry.
- Ability to lead and influence people effectively in order to create a safe, fun environment conducive for spiritual growth.
- Vision casting and creation of environments where students can connect with each other and our LifeGroup Leaders in cooperation with the Director of Student Ministries.
- Help and assist the Director of Student Ministry develop and maintain the student ministries budget.
- Assist in developing the Student Ministries calendar which provides for our student’s physical, emotional, and mental needs through God’s Word.
- A desire to teach and mentor youth in biblical truth with conviction, compassion, and care.
- Share in communicator/teacher responsibilities at Student Ministries Events.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for internal and external purposes.
- Administrate and coordinate activities (transportation, drivers, meals, schedule, volunteers, etc.).
- Assist in coordinating the youth in short-term mission experiences.
- Assist in management of online communication and social media. Social Media Engagement experience is preferred.
- Work with other church leaders to find ministry opportunities for youth in the broader church family.
- Participate in all staff meetings and retreats.
- Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church.
- All other duties assigned by the Director of Student Ministry.
About Our Church
Established in 1987, Advent United Methodist Church is one of the largest UM congregation in South Carolina. Advent is a dynamic and growing congregation, situated in the Five Forks community in Greenville, SC, which has been recognized as one of the top areas within the United States for growth and quality of life. To learn more, please visit our websit
How to Apply
To apply, send cover letter, any portfolio/samples of your work, and resume to [email protected]