Advent United Methodist Church’s mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. Student Ministry at Advent embraces this mission and believes that students are not only the church of tomorrow; they are the church of today. During this time, students are on a journey from childhood to young adulthood. Our desire at Advent is to be partners on the journey for students and their parents. We strive to create opportunities to allow students to know and claim:
- I am created to pursue an authentic relationship with my creator.
- I belong to Jesus Christ and define who I am by what He says.
- I exist every day to demonstrate God’s love to a broken world.
“Do not conform any long to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is- his good, pleasing and perfect will.” Romans 12:2
Our weekly gathering for students in 7th-12th grade is called elevate and meets Sunday nights from 5:45pm until 8:00pm. At elevate we hope to provide students a place to connect in community, engage in worship and have fun!
ELEVATE WEEKLY SCHEDULE
- 5:45pm optional snack supper
- 6:15pm elevate worship
- 7:00pm elevate age-level breakout groups/community building
- 7:25pm elevate age-level breakout groups/community building
- 7:50pm elevate prayer/benediction
- 8:00pm elevate concludes
LifeGroups, including - Sunday School, LifeGroup meetings throughout the week, and Elevate - provide students an opportunity to connect in smaller communities to dig deeper into God's word and grow both as an individual and as a community. Our LifeGroup weekly schedule for the fall 2017 school year will be up soon.
MUSIC MINISTRY - CRESCENDO
Crescendo Youth Choir is open to 6-12th graders and meets weekly following Elevate on Sundays at 7:00 pm. Crescendo will return in the fall of 2017.